A Naturopathic Doctor (N.D.) strives to address the root cause of a health concern, using naturally-based, individualized, whole-person care. Providing support, guidance and education, every step of the way.
In the case of naturopathic cancer care, it becomes vitally important to establish each of the following goals:
- Support the immune system’s own inherent defense mechanisms
- Work safely in conjunction with any conventional therapies or treatments (such as chemotherapy, radiation or surgical procedures)
- Maintain and optimize quality of life both during treatment and beyond
- Shift focus toward disease prevention and long-term health maintenance when appropriate
- Address any pre-existing health concerns (such as joint pain, digestive complaints, fatigue, stress, poor sleep, etc)
Examples of naturopathic modalities can include:
- Nutritional Counseling
- Vitamin/Mineral/Botanical supplementation
- IV Therapies (including high dose Vitamin C)
- LRHT (Loco-regional hyperthermia)
- Craniosacral Therapy
learn more about different types of treatments
Naturopathic Doctor Erik Boudreau, N.D. has been helping individuals work towards their own optimal levels of health since 2004. Dr. Boudreau stresses the integrative role of naturopathic medicine, especially with regards to cancer, and has previously worked in conjunction with medical oncologists and radiation oncologists to provide patients with the best care possible. He strongly believes in the power of personalized, evidence-based medicine. Too many patients seeking medical advice and treatment are left feeling powerless in the process, afraid to ask questions and left to merely follow the directions given to them by their doctor. Dr. Boudreau truly values the inherent healing that occurs when patients feel that they are in control of their health care decisions, and understand the “why’s” and “how’s” behind a given treatment.
Currently part of the team at Integrated Health Clinic’s Cancer Care Centre in beautiful downtown Fort Langley, BC, Dr. Boudreau addresses a wide range of health concerns from joint pain to integrated cancer care, offering naturopathic services for Greater Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, and beyond.
Click here for any questions, or to schedule an appointment.